Plot and print the shape of an airfoil (aerofoil) for your specific chord width.
- A number of airfoil section can be selected from the drop down menu.
There is a much larger range of airfoil coordinates available on the University of Illinois airfoil coordinates database.
The data in the ".dat" files on this site can be pasted into the coordinates window for plotting.
The form at the bottom of the page can be used to retrieve the data and preview the airfoil shape.
- The links at the bottom of the page give some other sources of airfoil coordinates
- The airfoil thickness can be adjusted by altering the percentage thickness.
- The airfoil may optionally be plotted around the circumference of a circle, for example to match the radius of the vertical axis wind turbine or to change the camber.
- The origin can be moved to any position within the airfoil from 0 to 100%.
- The size of the grid is configurable.
- The full size airfoil plot can be opened on a blank page for printing. Large plots can be printed over multiple pages.